Car Rental Johor Bahru for Everyone
With more than 300,000 people crossing the border daily, the Malaysia-Singapore border is one of the busiest crossings in Southeast Asia. Both countries are connected by two causeways, namely the Johor-Singapore Causeway, and the Malaysia-Singapore Second Link, alternatively known in Singapore as the Tuas Second Link. Car rental Johor Bahru gives you perfect access to both countries!
Plenty of Malaysians and Singaporeans cross the border for trade and leisure reasons – and even more foreign travellers are eager to do the crossing because it enables them to visit two (or more, if you plan to tour the whole of Malaysia) of Southeast Asia’s most fabulous cities!
Naturally, it is important to plan your border crossing to ensure a successful and smooth ride. Regardless of whether you are a foreigner or a local, the same rules apply! Here are some tips to show you how:
10 Tips to Help Plan Your Johor Bahru – Singapore Border Crossing
- The Johor-Singapore Causeway is approximately 10 minutes away from Johor Bahru. You will touch down at Woodlands, Singapore if you use the Causeway.
- The Malaysia-Singapore Second Link is approximately 30 minutes away from Johor Bahru. It is closer to the township called Nusajaya and LEGOLAND Malaysia is along the way if you are coming from Johor Bahru direction. You will arrive at Tuas, Singapore if you take this crossing.
- The actual border crossing is a quick and easy 20 minutes (or more, subject to traffic) for both Causeway and Second Link.
- Although the travel distance is relatively short, most of the times there might be a hold-up in customs due to strict border control enforcement on both sides. Be sure to leave ample time to go through customs.
- It is very common for Malaysians to commute to Singapore on a daily basis for work. Be sure to plan your drive away from rush hour traffic on weekdays, typically 7am to 9am and 5pm to 7pm. It can get especially busy on weekends as short getaways are commonplace due to the proximity of both countries.
- If you are doing a one-way transfer and need to catch an onward flight, be sure to leave ample travel time.
- If you are entering Singapore via a Hawk rental car in Johor Bahru, we recommend that you get familiar with the Singapore VEP by reading the article here.
- Plan your itinerary around public holidays. Malaysia and Singapore are of common cultural heritage, hence they share similar public holiday structure for festive seasons.
- Hawk highly recommends carpooling if you are a Malaysian / Singaporean wanting to cross borders to reunite with families during the festive season.
- If your own vehicle cannot accommodate large families, Hawk has seven-seater vehicles available for rent. Child seats are also available for rent in consideration of the safety of your child.
As you can see, clearly car rental is an option that is viable for everyone. Regardless of whether you are a Malaysian wanting to make your way into Singapore for a short getaway, or vice versa; or a traveller wanting to do a major Southeast Asian tour, getting a car rental Johor Bahru can be a good place to start.
Why choose Hawk as your car rental company in Johor Bahru?
Hawk has 20 years of experience in the car rental industry. Hawk offers various types of cars to choose from with 300+ positive reviews online.
How much does it cost to rent a car in Johor Bahru with Hawk?
On average, rate for rent a car in Johor Bahru is RM 100/day
What is the cheapest car available in Johor Bahru?
The cheapest car available at Hawk for rent in Johor Bahru is Perodua Axia
Do you be able to provide car rental in Johor Bahru?
Yes, we do have car rentals available in Johor Bahru. Just browse our website for direct booking or you can contact our network list in your area.